You've received an offer, now what? Listed below are the action steps you should take prior to arriving on-site for your first day.
Check your personal inbox prior to your first day for an important Welcome letter. This will explain in detail how your first day will go. Feel free to reply to the email if you have any questions before you arrive.
Your first day will be busy with various trainings to better acclimate yourself with APNA culture. Safety, HR, and IT orientations are typically held on the first day. In addition, you will have the opportunity to get to know your team during a company provided lunch.
- Stop at the security gate to receive a visitors badge.
- Enter through the lobby / visitor entrance to be greeted by the receptionist.
- The receptionist will provide you with your schedule and other orientation materials. She will also take your picture for your company badge.
- Your supervisor should greet you at the door, or the receptionist will provide you with directions to your first appointment.
During your first month on-board you can expect additional meetings creating a fully comprehensive understanding of our culture.
- Department Meet & Greets
- Wellness Orientation
- 1 hour long Plant Tour - Please bring your safety boots, otherwise PPE will be provided.
- Continue to become acquainted with your team, the organization, and our culture
FIRST 6 MONTHS
After your first 45 days and 90 days on-site, Human Resources conducts Stay Conversations. This is your opportunity to discuss any bumps in the road and let us know how things are going.
PERSONAL SAFETY ACTIVITIES
If you haven't heard about it already, BBS is our Behavioral Based Safety program. Because safety is a large part of our culture at APNA, we require employees to complete certain BBS activities during throughout the year. Contact your direct supervisor for more details.
Bi-Annual Performance Review
Every 6 months you will meet with your direct supervisor to discuss progress on goals, performance, and areas for improvement.
Annual Merit Increase
Annual increases are implemented in April of each year. Our compensation philosophy focuses on competitiveness with the market and internal equity. Our merit increase program ensures employees performance is directly reflected in their pay while maintaining internal and external equity. For more information regarding our compensation philosophy, please read the compensation portion of the handbook.
To stay consistent with our compensation philosophy and remain competitive in the market, the Company has developed a bonus program based on both company profit and achievement of personal goals. All regular full time and exempt and non-exempt APNA employees are eligible for bonus consideration through this program.